View Single Post
Old 26-04-2011, 07:58 PM
lily18

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
I've been looking into some homeopathic remedies for my 13 year old daughter to help with severe monthly cramps. We have an rx for Bentyl (smooth muscle relaxant generally prescribed for IBS), and it helps, somewhat. I've got her on a multi-vitamin supplement, separate B12 and iron to deal with anemia and iodoral to help iodinate her. I know the iodine WILL eventually get into her ovaries and uterus and will eventually lessen the flow and pain, but it will take time. She's not big on taking pills and If I don't remind/nag, she won't take them. I'm starting her on a really good mult-mineral that I found (Country Life Bone Solid) that I've started our dog on as she's developed a couple of cavities. The Bone Solid IS beginning to heal the dental caries. I can see them filling in. So I know that it is a really good, bio-available supplement. In fact, I'm plan on taking it myself.

However, in the next week or so, it will be that time of the month again, and I'd like to try some homeopathic remedies for her if the minerals haven't helped and the bentyl doesn't help. I've been doing some research and I've learned that for issues that have been going on for a long time (and it has) that you want to use a 100C, 200C or even 1M potency. So, I'm going to order the following in 100C potency: Magnesia Phosphorica, Belladona, Sepia and Colocynthis. I've narrowed down to try these four based on her temperament and symptoms. I am currently LOOKING for a homeopath in our vicinity, but I'm not having any luck. So...my question is this... Can I START her on the Magnesia Phosphorica NOW as a constitutional --- 1 dose? and then when her cramps actually appear, how long do I wait before trying another remedy? I was thinking of trying either Belladona or Sepia first as both seem to fit her temperament and symptoms.

I would not use belladonna, as it has toxic properties and the magnesia causes diarrhea. Evening Primrose is much safer. Calcium and chamomile are natural muscle relaxers, so I would stick with that as well as the vitamins.
I always took 1 naproxin as soon as the cramps started and really nipped them in the bud, and mine were severe!