View Single Post
Old 28-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Pathfinder

I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
To me it seems as though God is in exile. He has been driven away by the profanity of the earth.

God is gentle and kind and the earth is cold and hostile. This keeps God away.

But He can be strong. He can diminish the fear. It is all in a muddle in my head, but I keep getting the feeling that He is near....

Do you know the qualities you see in God, are also in you? When you say "But He can be strong. He can diminish the fear." Do you not see that you can be strong, you can diminish the fear. Because God is not just near, God is you. You are in a state of seperation. The earth is not cold and hostile, your heart is. That's what keeps God away from your knowing him. You are projecting your fears into the world you see. A godless, cold, hostile world. Try softening your gaze, look at the world with the kind and gentle eyes that you attribute to God, but that are also in you. Then you may see what God sees and peace will come to your heart. Start by letting go of your dominating judgement of others. It is most true that the way we see others is the way we see ourself. Purposefully seek out the good in the world and it will come to you. But if you purposefully see only hostility it will come to you as well. And your mind will forever trouble your heart. Do not let your heart be troubled by your own mind. Best of luck, love you.