Thread: What is God?
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
So, as I see it right now, the God I so desperately seek can't be real. It doesn't just "appear" when I feel I want or need it to. To me, that means either God is not benevolent, God is not all-powerful, God is not an intelligent entity, or God doesn't exist.

Perhaps the difficulty is that we want a personal God to guide and support us, and we struggle with the idea of an impersonal God which allows all things to be. But we can always turn to our own Higher Self for support and guidance - that is always present.

Quote:
Frankly, I have a hard time following any of these lines of thought. God not being an intelligent entity seems most likely, but I don't know how to feel comforted by that. How can it be benevolent if it doesn't have a will? It'd just be like a natural force.

The Alice Bailey books (and other sources) teach that the Absolute manifests as three major rays (or energies) and four minor rays.

The three major rays are:
  1. Will and Power - this is the purposefulness of Creation as expressed by Spirit - the Will to Be.
  2. Love and Wisdom - the magnetic attraction which holds Creation together as expressed by Consciousness.
  3. Active Intelligence - this is the inherent intelligence of Matter which we find throughout the natural world.

Careful study of the seven rays is well worth the effort.

Peace.