View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Experiencer
AO -

Thank you for your post, especially your final point.

As has been pointed out before, Judaism teaches that the righteous of all nations have a share in what is referred to as עולם הבא, olam ha-ba, the world to come. As such, it is not my practice to bash other religions and/or their adherents although obviously I have differences with them else I would be a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Christian, a Wiccan or whatever. I try to accentuate the things that unite us, rather than the things that divide us.

----------------------------------

Mathew -

If the question initiating this thread had been posted on the Islam sub-forum I would agree that the poster was seeking a response primarily from a Muslim perspective. As it was posted on the Judaism sub-forum I suspect that the poster was seeking primarily Jewish perspectives as to why Jews do not accept Muhammad as a prophet and the Qu'ran as sacred scripture.

This, of course, does not mean that a Muslim response was prohibited, but your response was unnecessarily harsh and provocative which resulted in Yamah's equally provocative and harsh response. There has to be a better way.

---------------------------
Slave of Allah -

While I appreciate your passion for Islam, as I told you when you p.m.ed sometime ago, I do not appreciate your attempts to proselytize. I am not, nor are the other Jews on this forum, spiritual reclamation projects. I understand that you believe that you are acting out of good will and concern, but the truth is that you are displaying a spiritual arrogance in deciding what you believe is my relationship, and the relationship of other Jews, to G-d.

You do not seem to understand that although there are Jews who have become Muslims, there are Muslims who have become Jews - just as there are Jews who have come Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Wiccans etc. and there are Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Wiccans etc. who have become Jews. There have always been people who convert from one thing to another.

B'shalom,

Peter