Thread: Cessation
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Guess, how I love myself, now - how I treat myself, now---I turn away from those parts of me that are
worthless or detrimental to my peace and joy.
As easily as turning a channel. I don't coddle my undesirable parts;
That points to exactly what I think is 'missing' from your philosophy (and similar ones., Miss H.

Just favoring/savoring 'lollipos' and turning away from what is not to your 'liking'. It's all 'God', but some aspects of 'God' are rapists, con-men and con-women (i.e. seducers), child abusers and abandoners (Buddha an example of the latter ), etc., etc., etc., etc. I submit to you as a very practical (not pie-in-the-sky or polyanna-nice-nice-just-'love'-everyone) proposition that, if the quality of relational Life is to 'improve' and the level of Wisdom in Humanity is to 'rise', we all have to do out what is necessary (each just according to her or his level of ability, of course) to 'call' people to 'conscience' and 'prod' them to go beyond self-indulgent and other-negligent ways - that is what I am doing, in many cases, in this case in relation to you, here.

Quote:
I am more of a spiritual warrior since 2005 within myself...more so than even in the 1970's!
I have no doubt that that is the case. I just won't 'ratify' your not developing further as a soul - IMO, there's way too much 'back scratching' ("you scratch my back and I'll be happy to scratch yours") no matter what going on in the name' of 'unconditional' love here.

Quote:
I have learned I can wish someone well, understand they are where they are on their Path -
ever learning, growing, changing, blossoming as we all are.
Even feel maternal towards their smelly, messy bedroom...
But I don't have to bring my dinner into that room.
I don't want you to bring your 'dinner' into this conversation/room, though your are of course welcome to if that's your choice. I am asking as well as prodding you to honestly/genuinely (you don't have to agree with anything that I say) engage in mutually meaningful conversation in relation to/with what I say.

Just imagine a family in which members are expressing seriously differing opinions pertaining to 'matters of importance to them'. And imagine a 'mother' (or a 'brother' or a 'sister' or, worse, a 'father'!) simply choosing to say, as Unseeking Seeker says to us, "Thanks" to the disagreeing members. I call that an unconscionable cop-out and abdication of member response-ability.

Your unwillingness to engage with me (albeit I also completely understand such ego-isolating, dissociative choice) and 'negative' campaign in my direction is even more morally (I mean 'moral' in a 'practical' sense) reprehensible, IMO.

Quote:
I can turn my back on it (the mindset and the thoughts) and proceed in a more pleasant direction, ie,
change the channel in my thoughts or turn away from a smelly trash can or walk away from an unpleasant person...with no
judgment, no malice, but a definite preference...a choice.
Yes, you can certainly just keep sucking on lollipops as well, if that's your 'wish'

Quote:
It's like I can love and respect a fly -but, I still flick it off my bare arm, because it's a bother and an unnecessary distraction to me and to others.

I can go, 'eww', if you wave spoiled blue cheese under my nose - as opposed to a rose.
Dealing with disagreements can indeed be a less than 'pleasant' spiritual task. I totally agree with/you will get no disagreement from me on that point.