View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
It’s pretty easy to tell an authoritative source.

If Buddhism go to Buddhist sites where Buddhist ordained people post. Simple.

Same with KS.

You don’t use Pinterest for a quote, some new age blog persons view etc.

Right now in a different section someone wants to use the English dictionary for Buddhist terms. The meaning for words for terms are different than the standard English meaning.

Wisdom doesn’t mean wise or someone with knowledge.

Wisdom in Buddhism means the realization of. Not an idea but a state of being.

Completely different and why if you are trying to learn something you learn it right from those in the traditions and not what you think or want it to be.

The traditions have lasted for thousands of years for reason. Learn why from those who really know...

As far as those that disagree, let them. You never know who might be reading but not posting. Better for you to learn correctly, if someone else doesn’t care it is there loss.
The thing is, brother, why do we "wise folk' consider it to be our duty to educate others who simply don't want to be educated?

There must come a point when we need to let go and let them bask in the glory of their own ignorance isn't it? Yet why is this so hard to do?

If we are just posting stuff on the offchance that someone may read it without giving any feedback or acknowledgement, why are we not writing books and becoming the "authoritative source" ourselves, instead of posting on a forum which is meant to be interactive?

forum

/ˈfɔːrəm/

noun
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I can give dictionary definitions too...

Maybe we would be better off going to those places where ordained Buddhist and Hindu people speak? I have often considered it.

I consider it whenever I think about why it is those scholars are not falling over themselves to post on this forum...I wonder why...

Aum Namah Shivaya