View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Chrys, lighten up a bit mate, LOL...I will say as Kaere alluded to, there are multiple references to the concept of a greater soul, comprised of masculine and feminine, being split into two complete souls which are nonetheless bonded throughout the ages. The Vedic texts reference the concept extensively, as do mystical Islamic (Sufi) and Jewish texts (i.e., the Zohar). This same concept underlies Taoism, a philosophy or worldview considered foundational in the East. You can also find it in Hermetic texts from ancient Near East and Egypt, from which we see the later Greek variant which was mentioned earlier.
''The Vedic texts reference the concept extensively''

Please point me out which of the Vedas speak about twin flames being ''split into two complete souls.'' Where can I find this?
I'd like to see ancient sources that speak about the twin flame concept. New interpretations and additions of 20th century spiritualists won't do, as they are influenced by their own time and cultural beliefs. The Zohar speaks about different parts of the human soul, but not about twin flames, or a split. Besides that, the 'parts' of the human soul as described in the Kabbalah and Zohar relate also to earthly qualities like instincts and morals. Quite different from the idea of an independent, non-physical soul most of us believe in.
Quote:
Anyway Lady's post was generally spot on. Including the metaphysical description, though mystical texts describe an "adam kadmon" of both male and female, later split into two complete souls which are bonded to one other.
Which ''mystical texts''?
Quote:
We all just need to keep an open mind abt things we haven't experienced for ourselves.
Which is why we discuss it.

Cheers.