View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 12:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
You don't know that Jesus walked on water or that Moses parted the red sea - you believe it but weren't there.

You don't know that a spacecraft didn't crash in 1947 Roswell - you weren't there.

ok if you wanna talk stuff I don't know... I don't know that this 'computer' I am typing on actually came from a 'factory' somewhere like I'm told, because I've never been there to see it. I can't distinguish that 'fact' from the idea that this thing grew on a tree. And I could go on and on in that vein, when talking about any of the things that are in my house, or even about the house itself.

I also don't know that anyone I think exists on a site like this one actually does exist, as I can't tell the difference between that and pink unicorns somehow talking to me (I'm not actually 'there' whereever 'there' is to be able to verify whatever you are going to tell me is true).

and it goes on and on and on... all the stuff that is supposed to be verifiable according to science, is only SUPPOSED to be verifiable according to science. Noone is ever in a position to actually verify any more than a small part of it and then you take a leap of FAITH that what you are told is in fact the way things are.