View Single Post
Old 15-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Master
I'll have to politely disagree regarding the text. The extended message was the part that was in the email I received (not that it makes any difference whatsoever). My gripe is that he's simply copied word for word what was in the book. Obviously it is in his own words as he originally wrote it. But it would be far better to get more insight by him giving further and better "off the cuff" interpretations of the cards, rather than simply copying word for word. It would help people who are relatively new to Oracle decks (like myself) learn to use the deck and thus use it more.

Your interpretations are a prime example. You don't copy the book, you use your intuition and insight to make the cards more understandable and insightful. The way you dived into Drum for me was amazing. To me, that's a big difference. Can you imagine doing a reading and learning the exact text and only using that? That's what it felt like receiving the email. Or can he even interpret it in any other words? (which I'm quite sure he can, but that's what it feels like).

I think the emails are very lazy and obviously mass marketed. I suspect he doesn't even pull the cards each week, just gets staff to copy a card from the deck.

It has tainted my view of him. However, I would never sell a deck. I have other decks I don't feel connected with or enjoy reading, but love the artwork and keep them for that reason. And who knows, I could feel entirely different after a week, month or year.

His favourite deck (the one he has used for 15 years that is well worn) is a Doreen Virtue deck, though I can't remember which one he said it was. Maybe he's done a lot of work with her in some fashion and some of her methods have rubbed off on him. Who knows.

Yes, I totally agree about wanting to know why Lily Moses painted some of the images such as Stargazer. That is another peeve of mine with decks. There's one deck I'm working on at the moment called Celtic Tarot, which I'm enjoying. But there are some quite bizarre bits and pieces put in some of the cards, and I can't for the life of me work out why. What were they thinking and what is the relevance? It doesn't matter how long I look at them, I still can't work it out.

The other thing that annoys me (with this particular deck) is some of the images are so small and dark, I really struggle to see them properly. I have to get up and take them outside in bright light and try to see the obscure parts.