View Single Post
Old 13-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
So I went to this place that was supposed to have meditation. However, I got more than I bargained for. I just wanted to see what it was all about and there was no charge. However, the "teacher" went on about all these deep spiritual things that don't really have much to do with meditation. At one point he asked if I was a space man or something like that and told me that aliens were standing behind me. I didn't really know what to say.

Anyway, he also said something like there's no such thing as time and everything is happening at once and that things just bounce around. I've heard the time is not linear thing before. Fine. But when he said Jewish people were volunteering for the holocaust and stuff like that(I guess he saw it as karma) as well as the aliens are standing behind me and abduct me in my sleep I think that's maybe just going a bit too far. Maybe this guy wants an emotional reaction out of people I'm not sure.

My point is that although I consider myself spiritual I get frustrated when I go to events like this and hear people say stuff that just seems to go too far and seems too far out there. Does anyone else on here think it's possible to take things too far and be so far into spirituality that you lose touch with reality?

That one person does not represent the entire spiritual community and certainly not the vast spiritual spectrum.

Same goes for religions.
One minister who cheats and steals does not represent what his religion stands for.
One pedophile priest (or even many) does not represent his religion and all other catholic priests/nuns who actually sacrifice themselves to help others. (example, mother Theresa)
One swindling monk does not represent the Buddhism and other monks who truly follow its non-attachment concept.

True 'enlightenment' happens when you can overlook all distractions that delay and halt your growth.

Just stay true to yourself.
I know.. Not easy. We are tested all the time. So many distractions due to our human nature and ego.
Often it is so confusing.