View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
numerouno

Before vaikuntha and the vishnudutas, when there were no jivas or anything it was said only Krishna stood. His expansion and the second being was Balarama. From them everything inumerable different vishnutattva expansions appeared and thus vaikuntha appeared. The vishnutattavas are krishna and Balaram's different forms. The conch shell, lotus etc are held in different Hands. One of the vishnutattvas is lord anirudha, the demigod karm dev or cupid is a self realized soul. He comes from lord anirudha. In other words this jiva who is the demigod directly
Belongs to Lord anirudha. Therefore jivas come the different vishnutattvas. While karm dev source is known. You and I still have to discover to whom we belong. All this I have learnt comes from A.C bhaktivedanta swami Prabhupada.

Understand this, the demigods except shiva are jiva attma even Brahma. Here's the confusion, Krsna tells arjuna in the bhagavadgita: there wasn't a time when you and I didn't not exist, o' arjuna.

This means when krishna was in that instance alone you and I were present with him. We are his pet and parcel. Yet we are individuals. We make our decisions.

Books: raja vidya - king of knowledge.
The gita, sri isopanishad.

Truthfully I've read almost all by Prabhupada and most of what I knw stems from there. However its hard to remember sometimes exactly from which book.