View Single Post
Old 17-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Master
i think spirit is gender neutral, maybe even formless at its essence. supposedly, before the moon existed, we were androgynous and to better know ourselves, we split.

im not sure this quote is completely relevant but i like it and its about light;

The flashing river was now the light of the sky, enchanted, dreaming and lost in its beauty and love. In this light, all things cease to exist, the heart that was crying and the brain that was cunning; pleasure and pain went away leaving only light, transparent, gently and caressing. It was light; thought and feeling had no part in it, they could never give light; they were not there, only this light when the sun is well beyond the walls of the city and not a cloud in the sky. You cannot see this light unless you know the timeless movement of meditation; the ending of thought is this movement. The brain was completely still but very alive and watching, without a center. The otherness was there, deep within at a depth that was lost; wiping away everything without leaving a mark of what has been or what is. It was simply a fact, like a sunset, like death and the curving river.

i don't have a perception of light though i guess it comes in many forms. i found the notion of "the shining blackness", experienced on nde's and ayahuasca, to be interesting. dark light, cool.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."