View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Beliefs are the surface representation of inner assumptions
You speak of beliefs, and I agree. You never seem to mention eternal truth, and I keep pointing that out. Two different things.

God is a belief-specific concept.
Heaven and hell are belief-specific concepts.
Spirit is eternal truth.
The soul is eternal truth.

Human descriptions commonly associated with the concept "God" can be likened to describing the ocean as a puddle of liquid. Why? Because the human being stands on the seashore and looks out. That's what beliefs are: standing on the outside and apart from while looking at. No real tactile relationship to the thing. And from that perspective s/he sees a body of water or something that looks like it might be water (that's the assumption given that's what s/he has been taught about oceans). And it appears smallish... same as a large puddle would appear up-close.

But now get in a boat and start motoring or sailing for days and weeks until you've maybe reached mid-ocean. Now it's no longer a puddle. Rather, it has become the thing that is everything. It has become that which is all-encompassing, and absolute; the one singular reality. Ocean and ocean and ocean. It exists this way, and that way, and in every direction you turn. That is Spirit. Much different from human beings' descriptions of God.

It is said God is unknowable. Most interpret that as, "Yes, I understand God is indeed that immense. But I can still know God." No, what that's really saying is whenever the human being imagines God, they are only ever conjuring up in their minds a puddle-sized perspective-distortion of the thing. What it actually means is this: Everything Exists. In bolded text because it's that important an understanding. There is nothing in this Existing Thing that can be separated out from it. Human understanding that imagines something as being separate from this Everything -- a God that created all this, as one example -- is puddle-perspective and puddle-understanding.

The reason many are stuck in this puddle-perspective is because they cannot grasp the idea of something Existing, in and of itself. Just. Existing. Having no beginning. And no end. Nothing that created it, because it always was. Nothing that can or will ever destroy it, because it cannot not be. The unknowable is Everything That Is, and that awaits creative expression via the conscious impulse. And here's a mighty question: Why would that which is Everything, require creative expression? What's to create if it's already Everything? The answer has to do with relative truth versus absolute truth. But if one doesn't believe in relative truth and absolute truth and/or eternal truths of any kind, then that's a question that will probably go unanswered for them.

Last edited by Baile : 13-06-2017 at 02:43 PM.