View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Master
You could say 'law of attraction' but consider also the possibility that you had maybe some unconscious intuition that these things were going to happen, so the thought seemed to pop in your head like getting a glimpse of the future. Chicken or egg a lot of times IMO. I figure sometimes psychic wires get crossed, and information is accessed in some way or another.

I know the negative paranoia loop though, it can be a sort of self fulfilling prophecy sometimes, but i think that if you refuse to believe in it and train yourself to look at 'big picture - all good' then that will be (and i truly believe is) reality.

I kind of am not fully in agreement with synchronicities always being 'good' all the time, maybe they can be 'bad' in that they contain warnings, but warnings in themselves are helpful. It is a fine line though. Like the true story that 'A beautiful Mind' is based on. I believe that like him, a lot of schizophrenics can be in too deep with the synchronistic archetypes and become consumed with 'what does it all mean?!' and think it is all important to unravel the whole 'truth' all at once.

However, ii feel like it is important to keep at least one foot firmly rooted in 'reality.' Sorry for the massive answer that sort of drifts off topic here. Kind of got going with it. I have had some pretty amazing synchronicities and i try to remain in a sense interested objective observer scientist, make a note of it, then let it go.

My friend did this one thing to us once where another couple friends didnt believe in synchronicities, so he told one of them to pick a random number, a random name out of the phonebook, and a monument. He then went on the internet (it was the washington monument that was picked, and it was built by a guy who lived on a street with the random number picked, on a street with the random name that was picked ( or maybe it was actually the name of the archetect, i can't honestly remember exactly). There were a couple other layers i believe to, but yeah that would be an example of how wild it can get and how connected it all is, and some "crazy" people are very wise in ways the rest of us most of us anyways, don't dare to consider. And i would add that i am very close friends with the guy who did this, and i can pretty much guarantee that he knew nothing about the monument, name or number like beforehand, nor mentally put it in his head or anything, he just had complete faith and wanted to prove it was real lol. An amazing experience actually.

Anways, interesting question.

Take care. ~

Last edited by Deusdrum : 02-11-2010 at 02:10 AM.