View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Master

Sorry I had company.

To continue, the beans, onions, eggs and dairy are especially difficult because like my gluten and corn they are in just about everything. I'd suggest you find a health food store to buy your food staples in. And yes, you may have to start cooking for yourself. I can only cook food in my own kitchen. Unless an item is on my "safe" list I simply won't eat it. And finding things to be on said "safe" list meant at one point I had to try it and see if I got sick. It's a slow process.

Going organic is a good idea. I don't take it to extremes but I do buy a lot of organic foods. Mainly because there are usually limited ingredients listed on the label and if there is something like citric acid (big food companies derive theirs from corn) it is usually from a safe source. Usually.

They have these wonderful induction cooking burners now that are safe for dorms because they will not get hot unless you have the right type of pot or pan on it and even then if you accidently put your hand on it the burner will remain cold to your touch.

Stirfries are a wonderful and healthy alternative and easy to put together. A crock pot is easy to because you can combine your ingredients and go to classes and come home in the evening and dinner is ready. And they are a safe alternative for the dorms also.

You can do this, but you might have to stop relying on someone else to take care of your meals.