View Single Post
Old 17-09-2019, 12:09 AM
Experiencer

Question Platonic Twin Leaving / Past Ghosts Returning?

Hi All -

I have been in a reflective mood these last few weeks as time is winding down for my platonic twin to leave out of my life (most likely forever) for bigger and better financial opportunities. Originally I was shocked, numb, and then accepting that life is ever changing.

Now that I have accepted the fact that my twin is gone and out of my life, I have been hit with another emotional blow. Just before I finished work today, the phone rang, and on the other end was a voice from the past.

I was happy to hear from my friend, L who was a friend of my mom's. We talked for a while and caught up with each other's lives. L would like to come and see me, visit, and have lunch with me, which I wouldn't mind at all. However, the conversation turned to a ghost of my past that I'd wish to forget.

Anytime L calls he always brings up P. Of course if L comes, he will bring P. I don't want to see P, talk to P, or even think about P. L is adamant that P has matured and changed, but I don't care. He made a fool out of me once and I won't give him the opportunity again. I let everything go, but I don't want to be friends and chit chat with him again...I forgave but haven't forgotten.

So, my question is why after almost 25 years would P resurface after my platonic twin is leaving?

I think it is odd and strange Is this some kind of test by God?

If it is--I will fail this test on purpose.

Some people in your past should stay in your past.