View Single Post
Old 24-04-2018, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
If I'm to be honest I'm not really sure what an awakening is or what it is or isn't supposed to be but the word awake is the opposite of asleep so that says to me that we are simply becoming aware of something we were not aware of before. I suspect that for some the goal is to begin to feel their true essence and as such they think that all people who awaken should feel that which is possibly true at some point but maybe for some of us there are a few other layers to get through first before reaching that place. I know for me, I was using spirituality as a way to try and escape my dark feelings. It wasn't until I became open with a long standing desire to escape life that I'm finally starting to feel better so it may be that you first need to self explore why you feel bad first before you can find that bliss and happiness. In the end if all we are trying to do is feel good then we will always be vulnerable to feeling bad if we haven't rooted out and shifted the thoughts and beliefs that feed our negative feelings. It's a process that takes time so just ask yourself why you are feeling what you are feeling and see where it takes you. I also like what Lorelyn said.