View Single Post
Old 19-04-2019, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSmith123
Whenever i try to talk to friends about whats going on in the world, if it is the mainstream, everything is normal, dont ask questions etc, they cannot bear to hear it and even get aggressive. This behavior really confuses me, for example im trying to make them aware about the dangers of 5g technology! And all i am met with is, 'SHUT UP', 'that's a load of rubbish', 'youre so delusional'. I dont know how but ive never led a mainstream life and maybe thats why i am not a sheeple and question what is going on in this reality, is there a way to wake people up, the ignorance is so painful at times. Much love to you all :)

Suffering is the prime motivator for making people wake up. Compassion for others is another but it's more rare.

I know a lot about spirituality but some people don't like discussing anything other than the mundane things they know best. Over time I've learned to meet with people where they are, rather than stay where I want to be and ask them to come with me. I guess at some point my desire to be with others became stronger than my desire to be where I wanted to be. Or another way of putting it was my desire changed from going where I wanted to go, and doing what I wanted to do, to being with other people. Wherever that may be.

If you were an astrophysicist I'm sure you'd want to talk astrophysics. but maybe your grandparents have no idea about it and don't want to talk about it. Since you love your grandparents you'll meet them mid-way, talking a bit about what they want and a bit about you want. If they are rigid and stubborn, then you will talk about things only they want to talk about, simply because of the love you have for them. Other people are like that too. Some things are beyond their interest or comfort zone and they just wont like talking about them, if you love them then you won't push a topic that only you want to talk about.

also it's a skill to be in tune with other people as much as it is an innate capability. Yes we all have it but it's not well developed in all people. It builds over time though.