View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 05:58 AM
Administrator
I put my post in a thread I started in here....as this one is already going....

Hello

We are bombarded daily with such messages so what does it all mean ?

Definition of subliminal messages

The definition of subliminal is something that is not easily perceived; but may be remembered due to constant repetition. An example of subliminal used as an adjective is the phrase "subliminal message," which means a message that may be remembered even if the person was not consciously aware of the message.

I was watching TV and I noted that on a commercial for a laundry soap product that the same "scarf" that was used in a previous commercial was the same one in another commercial for the same product.

Now one thought is that they are too cheep to get another scarf but we are being programmed to 'remember' the first commercial on some level and make the connection. Maybe not in the way I noted it but on that hidden level. Its interesting how messages are there but we miss them in our busy lives. How they play with the mind.

The first commercial it was a relationship break up, the second a connection to the outdoors. I wonder where it will turn up next ?

How many times do we miss seeing messages maybe we are to see....what is the message that I got.....that smells will always trigger memories of a relationship ended, for me that as a good ending....but there are smells that trigger memories that are not good. The other message is I do need to get outside more....connect to nature more.

So even a TV commercial holds at times a hidden messages we are mean to pay attentions to on a different level than advertising a product.

Has anyone else made this connection ?

Lynn