View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
What you say above and what the Qur'an says are as different as the east is from the west.

The verse 5:38 is describing a person that is addicted to theft. That means they are constantly stealing. It is not a person that just simply steals anything one day. In addition, the "cutting off" of something is also understood as "the refraining" of something. So it means; take an action that does not allow a habitual thief to continue their ability to steal.

But let me explain to you what this verse is all about. You must first see humanity as a single body, every human as the same person. Then imagine that a small part of that body takes away or harms an adjoining part of itself, the same body. If that stealing is allowed to grow in the body it will grow like a cancer. And that cancer will eventually grow large enough to kill the entire body. So when a body has a cancer in it, the cancer is cut out, restrained, not allowed to grow, so that the entire body survives.

Feel free to ask me about any verse of the Qur'an and I will be glad to explain them to you.

mj

You forget am native arab therefore u can ask me about explaination
Not the other way around when i speak a verse am aware
Of original arabic verse which has nothing to do with west or east
U did not explain the verse my friend u changed it

Its hard to fool a person in their own language
Wouldnt u agree ?

Truth is u need a person.to teach u arabic
So u can know what u talking about before accusing.
People of being closed minded

Ignorance is no excuse for being arrogant