View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Quintessence

Although I don't tend to identify as Wiccan for various reasons, it is where I started when I discovered Neopaganism. Where you start in some ways depends on what kind of person you are and what your goals are. I read absolutely anything I could get my hands on. I was in college at the time, so that also meant loaning (and interlibrary loaning) academic works on Neopaganism. If you're a massive nerd like I am, I'd recommend that kind of approach. If, however, you're not... you probably want to be more selective about what you read, right?

On that, I'd still recommend a diversity of perspectives just so you can get a sense of what is out there. Read something of all the "big name Pagan" authors. Ones I'd put on my list would include (but are not limited to) Buckland, Bonewitz, Cunningham, Penczak, Ravenwolf, and Starhawk. On the academic end, Greenwood, Berger, Adler, and Hutton. Some styles might appeal to you. Others won't. Reading a wide range of authors and styles helps you figure out what works best for your own personal path.

Honestly, I haven't kept up on the Wicca-specific literature for the past few years, so I don't have a good sense of what's out there anymore.