View Single Post
Old 29-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Under, or within the law of love the commandments are no more, the ten commandments are for when we are still under the illusion of the mind body, or carnal self , Jesus fulfilled the law by love, when we are within the law of love we are free from the law that once bind us., love doesn't need laws, because it just wont hurt anyone in anyway, it wont steal from another, it wont kill another and so on.

Thanks for the explanation psychoslice. This is my opinion too.

I read an interesting view on the ten commandments in the book 'conversations with god'. It explained a lot for me and helped me open up to God so much more.

It explained that the ten commandments was actually given to Moses when he asked for a sign to guide his people. What was given was not actually commands at all, but rather ten commitments from God when the love of Christ is in our hearts.

These ten commitments from God explain the benefits of living a life with love as the center. We will live this way because of loves presence in our lives. Not a way to earn Loves presence.

Unconditional love is always given from God and merely has to be excepted in order for us to experience such a life promised by God if we let go and learn to love.

I hope that made sense. My opinion in short: Love first and let the ten commandments flow naturally. Let go and let God.