View Single Post
Old 18-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimlich
this site says yes
americanchristiansociety.com/beliefs/reincarnation

There is another interesting site, from which I quote this (on the question: Did Jesus teach reincarnation?)

Let us begin by looking at the historical facts. Anyone who cares to dig into the historical records of the early church will see that between the third and the fifth century, the Roman Catholic church issued a number of documents that effectively banned the idea of reincarnation as heresy. This knowledge is available for anyone who cares to do a bit of research. In fact, some theologians are aware that the edict to ban reincarnation as heresy did not receive papal approval. Therefore, some argue that this edict is not official church doctrine. However, I do not desire to go into these arguments about the politicking of the church.

The fact that the church made a determined effort to ban reincarnation as heresy demonstrates that the concept of reincarnation was part of early Christianity. This is simply a historical fact which no one, at least no one who is willing to face reality, can deny.

If reincarnation was indeed part of early Christianity, then how could this idea possibly have been brought into the Christian faith? Is it possible that the idea was part of early Christianity because it was introduced by the very person who founded Christianity, namely myself?

Before I answer this question, let us consider why there is such opposition to the idea of reincarnation. As was the case with the idea of me being the only son of God, there is an inner and outer reason.

Read more here:
http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealjesus/jesusanswers/byjesus/Teachreincarn.html