View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 04:21 AM
Experiencer
Hi Clover ! After further inspection and based on the description you have given, I do see the lines you are talking about, so I guess there is a noticeable difference in this " species " if you would, called Lemurian Quartz. It would be interesting to find out if this is a manifestation that could happen in any locality of quartz or if it's specific to certain regions. I guess what I'm trying to get at...is it a different classification of quartz or is it simply habit that certain quartz can achieve ? Sort of like how fluorite is generally cubic or step like but can achieve actual " points " if formed in certain elevation/temperatures.

I think this is very cool either way you put it, and a beautiful stone. I don't believe it's too much different than clear quartz for me to need one, as I have some fine examples of clear and coloured quartz, however I collect them for their appearance and not their metaphysical value, so I need to justify getting something different looking from my regular collection ( I have some large raw quartz specimens from all coloured varieties )

I have seen some of my Chinese vendors selling these Lemurian quartz clusters as large as 30-40 lbs for as cheap as $ 800, they look really spectacular. I can't buy too many more of these large clusters as my little townhouse is getting quite full. ( almost 20 large pieces ) I must be very smart with my next couple purchases, get something spectacular and different... I kind of want something weird like people are going to look at it and go " what the heck is that ? " Like a Hemimorphite or Smithsonite, but the problem is that the really weird stunning stones are even more rare in the sizes I'm into. I have a weird rule I give myself that my specimens have to be at least 8 lbs, over 10 lbs is perferable. My wife has no such reservations however. She loves smaller stones but some of those are just as expensive.