View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
I have seen these Lemurian quartz specimens before, are they chemically different than other beautiful quartz ? To me they look just like a really nice example of clear quartz ( nothing wrong with that I love quartz and have several large impressive clusters ) maybe it's just a name they give a certain quality quartz or is it actually a different type of quartz ? ( like Tibetan quartz is not chemically different Mongolian quartz )

I have considered getting apophyllite with stibnite, there are some really nice specimens from India, but part of me feels like I am betraying my Chinese suppliers. They have been so good to me, and I love how well they take care of me. They still have lots of nice specimens to offer me like the Hemimorphite or large apatite crystals, or maybe a large piece of Jade. Sounds stupid, but these Chinese vendors have been so good to me I feel kinda loyal.

Hey there, honestly, I am not really sure on the differences 'chemically' between the two, they are both white quartz however, Lemurian specifically has horizontal striations running up one or more (usually alternating) sides on them, and they often have a "coated" or "matte" surface. I would want it for more metaphysical purposes I suppose. The stone is named after an ancient civilization called Lemuria. A crystal healer who sells them says to feel on those lines up and down during meditation. Possibly to connect to ancestral energy.

Could be a just an extra selling point to make the stone unique, but hey, I am sold!