View Single Post
Old 25-06-2020, 03:22 PM
Guide

Thanks for your response, Gem. I've been seeing physiotherapists since November. I was diagnosed with chondromalacia. I've not been responding too well to any of the treatments. In regards to this post, though, I was wondering why, despite so much cycling and other leg exercises, I couldn't even walk for a few minutes without every muscle in my legs suffering. Of course, no one can provide a direct answer to that. I was more wondering if that even makes sense - should I be able to walk comfortably after doing so much for many months? I will continue to do some research and see what I can work out. As far as physio is concerned, the service is currently unavailable due to our circumstances.

Have a great week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
hi sunset

general knee pain commonly results from unstable movement in the hips and feet/ankles, and hip movement is also affected by posture, so we tend to find that knee pain involves the whole chain of movement from the big toe to the hips and lower back. the exercises you mention such as bulgarian split squats and biking are great exercises for the quads at the front of the legs, but don't much help the hamstrings or calves, nor directly target the glutes at the back.

also, one has to determine if the cause of the pain is functional and can be rectified via physiotherapeutic exercises or if it is a structural issue which requires medical intervention, so it would be a really good idea to see a qualified, reputable physiotherapist for very specific exercises, and/or see a medical professional who can scan the knee to see if anything is damaged in there.

lastly, i'd have a look at nutrition as well, because if your nutrition is on point you will not need many (if any) supplements, and your strength and muscularity will be maximised if you fuel it well. cheers.