View Single Post
Old 22-02-2019, 09:16 PM
ImthatIm

Sentient:
Quote:
IF they were 7 tribes united, would you not think the 7 feathers would be of equal size? You know - 'egalitarianism' and all that?

To me it looks like the middle feather is bigger as if it is a kind of summary of the 3 on both sides of it.

I would say the tapestry/blanket is maybe someones commissioned work.But using common known symbolism.
Your just not going to find a set standard on meaning and words that you find, especially on the internet, But you may get an overall picture.
When things of the spirit are involved and things being past down they are going to vary. One will say this color means this and the other will say this color mean that. This may have been taught or they received the instruction spiritually.There are many differences.

The center feather being bigger( to me ) is like I was referring to before.
Pray to the Creator Spirit first and He is in the center.
Then the 4 directions and up and down.Which equals 7.

Any of the sites I refereed you to I am not endorsing anything in any way. Except Martin High Bear and what comes from his own mouth. Or to point to possible answers or considerations to your questions.But I no way endorse any site or material.
The book you mentioned, it is a book written by some guy who wanted to write a book.Take it for it is worth.
But the 7 "Honored feathers of Wisdom" looks like a short version of the 7 Laws/commandments/virtues there are different versions I have seen and heard.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 23-02-2019 at 06:48 AM.