View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
There's this worry that my subconscious mind is stuck on 24/7. That means my mind is constantly worried about something that could happen to me.
I'll explain this worry in another post, if you want. For now, I'll just inform you as to what's going on with me. This worry has caused me much misery and emotional suffering that has lingered on for such a long time.
Nothing I do or think to myself eases the worry one bit.

This is because the situation I'm worried about is so horrible that nothing can ease the worry.
Thus, I've been trapped in a state of pointless suffering where I cannot experience love, joy, or beauty in my life.
So, my life was horrible and nothing good, beautiful, or worth living.
Gee, this sounds like a terrible situation to be in, I'm so sorry.
I get it.
You have not been on SF for one month...maybe this could help 'someone' in the same spot, if you have moved on, that is.

Is there any chance you are Christian? (I am not, btw)
Cuz ....for me, all I can say is what worked for me....my life changed,
when I got my first Bible at Goodwill in Jan 2006....
I read some....when suddenly my mouth dropped..., sorry I
just laugh at myself....and I said out loud, "There's a theme here!!"

And from THAT day...I committed myself to something.(For like 2 weeks.)
What I saw as a 'theme' was :
Be not afraid.
Fear not.
Give me your burdens
Cast your cares
Be anxious for nothing
'...how much more shall your Father in heaven give
good things to them that ask him?'

and
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
(But seek first God's kingdom ....and all these things will be taken care of, basically)

IF I had not decided, like a soldier or a determined student, to try this 'philosophy' out,...like homework or a directive by a superior...
I would still be a mess of worry and fear..(esp in the mornings, it seems the mind loves to startup with the fear and worry thoughts!!
Do you find that, too?)

Anyway, so I said I would DO what Jesus and Paul suggested for a week or 2,
and I never stopped...because it worked...I decided...that whatever was going to happen, I would just flow and
let God take care of it...cuz there was nothing I could really DO!

The first few days I saw the 'worry thoughts' cross through my mind....and it took awhile to notice,
because I was so used to letting them take over!
I HAD to deliberately take action and say, "No. No more."

What I found was life was nicer, I felt at ease with no more stressing...so I continued as an experiment.

I could go on ...but this is enough to say...I did reprogram my subconscious mind easily by witnessing how this "program" worked.
So now I believe deeply and profoundly in trusting God, my Father...Who I know wants all things good for me.

I have no worries for anything...not ONE...for over a decade. Whew.
Worry is useless, does nothing good (I have a thread here on it)....
feeds more stress, fear, ill health, lack of sleep...it is a pit spiraling into more of the same.

You are smart to ask for help, my friend, from pointless suffering.
You and I had the same mind....till I deliberately started using Thought Control...like switching channels when you see a show you don't want.

Now, if I am talking to an atheist, lol...well, I dunno ....but, at least, know
you must practice saying, "No", to these worry thoughts...
otherwise they will ruin you...completely with time...as you know.
Take care....ask me anything anytime.

And, I 2nd, that EFT helps amazingly ...there is a simple basic technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wG2FA4vfLQ
I do not suggest allowing these thoughts in and observing them...that time is over; they're killin' ya!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru