View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 02:02 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I'm taking some probiotics now, eating relatively healthy foods (salads and fruits at least half the week, junk/regular food the rest (it used to be 99% junk lol)). I take some supplements for brain health and to get good sleep, GABA, rhidiola, ginko, 5-htp, trypotphan, valerian, etc. I have a wizard cabinent of magical herbs, including the ganja which is probably the one herb I should let go. To be honest, I got the health herbs to alleviate the ganja related brain symptoms. I smoke ganja to help me deal with the pain of the trauma.
Hi Shivatar. I was in a similar backslide last year and taking valerian and a healer I went to advised me that it can cause anxiety if used long-term. So I stopped and that helped and in hindsight I was spiraling downward due to the valarian but did not realize. Just wanted to let you know about that. An alternative that works for me is passion flower. I find it to be subtle but effective.

As others have said there are ways to shift your brain. The problem with past trauma is that it is like an echo chamber and can seem hopeless at times when you are caught in it. You just need to either interrupt the cycles or find a way to stop feeding the system. Both are doable but it takes time.