View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmil
That's what I said.
Suppose at 5 years old, André Roussimoff dreamed of being a champion jockey. Even though he showed early signs of gigantism he still gave his all to achieve his dream. Unfortunately his size became too great and the dream was over. Did genetics or will have more control in the outcome of Roussimoff's dream? This example shows that the outcome of free will depends on genetics.
Criminal behavior is linked to two genes. Maybe you didn't inherit those genes while some around you did or you had better upbringing despite your mother not being present emotionally.

We do have a certain amount of control but unfortunately genetics and upbringing will set the path in life. One horror I witnessed at an early age, was my young cousin being dropped on head by one of his older brothers. While his 3 brothers all had normal lives, went to college, and got married.
He had no issues before but since had struggled in life, he always complains about being lonely, never went on a date etc. Do you think the life he is living was his personal will or did his upbringing set his path?

You already find me to be wrong. So nothing I say will convince you of how much power you and those listed truly had. Sadly the world currently doesn't teach this. They teach us the opposite.

You agree with me that only you can change your perception.
Which confuses me on why you seek me to change yours or try to change mine.

Ask yourself why what I said has struck a cord with you? that answer will benefit you greatly with understanding self.