View Single Post
Old 15-05-2019, 02:57 PM
Newbie ;)

@Linen53: Thank you. I also think if you sort it out first in your head (or heart) and then with the other, it is worth having a bond like that. I appreciate that you share my opinion (and it's probably the unpopular one ;))

@FairyCrystal: Thanks for stopping by! I already did an extended Matthew Hussey Youtube binge lol, and I do agree with his points. But as I said, when I was younger, I spent a lot of time mingling and being "out there" and said yes to every invitation I got and believed the saying that "everyone deserves a fair chance". In hinsight, would I have done it again? No. I would listen to my gut and not fall for the trap that quantity brings results. It doesn't. It does take up a lot of time and energy though, and you learn that being a nice person doesn't always pay off. Therefore I am more selective nowadays, maybe I even give a "busy" vibe. I like how you said "not being bothered" - I think that describes me aswell :))
About being someone's nr.1 - if you're anything like me, you see other people way cooler, smarter, more beautiful and in general better than they actually are. Therefore if you believe that your parters previous partners were like that, is it maybe your perception? Or did they undoubtedly give you the feeling that you're their second best? If so, they're not really a positive force in your life. Nobody deserves to be treated like that, so please don't put it up :) Regarding the sentence that something is missing to single people, otherwise they wouldn't be single .... I don't know, to me this is not a correct standpoint. Firstly, that would mean that everyone who actually is in a relationship, has everything figured out (that's not true). And secondly, there is no limit to the work one has on oneself, so that would mean we would all stay single forever. I think it's more about destiny and opportunity and luck. As you're still in search for the ideal plus one, I hope you meet him soon :)