View Single Post
Old 25-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
Are you sure this form of love you speak of exists? Personally, I think love can only be a fleeting emotion, and people deny this, since they don't want it to be true. They wish to believe in some greater, everlasting love, which doesn't exist.
Personally, I have felt it, so I know that it exists. It is only fleeting or impermanent to those who deny the everlasting nature of it ..which is also like a catch 22.

To be honest, it is only my depression which stops me from experiencing it more than just a fleeting sensation...if my depression wasn't getting in the way, I would be blissed out 24/7 on this love.

The ego will create anything to preserve the individual identity for its own survival and depression is usually caused by feelings of not being loved, appreciated, heard, acknowledged, or losing that which was once loved in a physical way.

There are many expressions of love...Eros, Filial, Agape..

The only love that lasts forever is Agape..Divine Love. All other forms of love come with conditioned attachment and you are correct...once the attachment goes, so does the love and the forms of love we are both talking about are two different varieties...I have felt God's love...my rejection of it is causing my depression because my ego wants to stay in control...so, I really bring all of my suffering on myself, as harsh as that may sound.