View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 05:29 AM
Ascender
Beauteous Maximus

..:: Nelumbo Nucifera ::..
The Lotus Flower

It's symbolism dates back to ancient Egypt, the beginnings of Buddhism and Hinduism.
Rising from the depths of murky waters comes a beautiful flower representing fantastic things.
Rebirth, opening to divine truth, liberation from attachment, wisdom, compassion, mental purity and awakening.

With this luscious, yummy flower in mind...
It will be a few months before I am able to fully submerge myself into heavy yoga practice like I have been lately. Have a hand injury with some serious nerve damage that needs surgery very soon. Details are not important but the doctor said if I do not get this repaired, I will not be able to put pressure on my left hand without pain ever again. Not being able to freely do sun salutations is taking some getting used to. But I am basking in gratefulness that I am still able to do most poses. This actually humbles me and extends my love for the practice even further.

This happened 3 nights ago. Yes, I was pretty sad up until this morning. With a wonderful support system and my own personal power I have come to this.... Will I continue being a sad sap wiener? No. This will pass. I will transcend. Yoga is my lifestyle and no matter what, nothing can take the yogi out of me. A couple months with a splint and I'll be back to kickin' it in crow, workin' them arms, baby.

DeepSoul, I'd like to thank you for being you. It is incredible to hear about you feeling so inspired. In return, it inspires me. I am proud of you and on your side. Looking forward to hearing more. My space is your space. In this space, we are free.

Actually, all of you. Thank you.