View Single Post
Old 28-04-2016, 02:09 AM
Gryneos

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I don't believe anyone is trying to 'romanticize' death, rather dispel the fear, dread and distress of it. Replacing it with truth and light and understanding.

Many here have spoken of having lost their fear of death. One must ask 'why?' Because those who sought to promote truth and light and understanding by publicizing NDEs, death-bed visions, communication from beyond and so forth, have dispelled their fear, dread and distress.
That's death. That's not dying. Dying is separate from death. It certainly leads to death, but it is not death itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
So to promote the truth about survival of the spirit and the continuity of life is very necessary to counter the misleading stance and teaching of Orthodoxy.
I never was speaking about orthodoxy. It never even entered my mind. What I've been attempting to get at all along is that some forms of dying are just too extreme in how they affect both the body and the mind as to be impossible to dismiss.

As has been pointed out, panic is a lower-brain function, and is intrinsically part of the kind of dying I was putting forth. When it takes over, no amount of saying "Oh, I'm all spiritually aware and full of Light" and so forth makes any difference. Your conscious mind just isn't working or in full control at that point.