View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 12:17 AM
Experiencer
So, my interpretation of your question is, "how did I get into my power and not let others overrun me?" If that was not your question please let me know.

My understanding of the ego has evolved over the years. The most closely aligned explanation is that we have two parts to an ego or identity. One is connected to how we develop understanding, knowledge, and expectations from the experiences we've had throughout our life. This is the space where attachments and fear-based reactions come out.

The other part of what we might call our ego/identity is the Soul connection or higher self information that comes through our connection to God/whatever you want to believe in.

This has been demonstrated many times, most famously by the devil on one shoulder angel on the other.

We have been trained to fall into a certain lifestyle that was taught to be the most acceptable. When we do as we are told we are rewarded in some way. When we break out from these chains we are shown a lot of examples of how our actions are not pleasing others. This comes across to shame, fear, and anger.

Most of us are taught to not listen to our heart because that interferes with the learned mindsets and understanding of what is supposed to be the rightway. In essence this is all about control, either your control or theirs over you.

I've spent years studying this subject because I felt that I was too weak to be anyone of importance and that didn't sit well with me. I had to be more than just this experience I was having!

I believe that the Twin Flame experience is brought to us specifically to awaken our power within us. It's about learning to love ourselves and cutting people off who are not respecting us as we respect them. That is the biggest less than mine has taught me and I'm eternally grateful.

If anyone is overpowering you or making you feel less than, that is a red flag and something you need to address with them. Regardless of who they are...

This is a long answer and may not be what you were hoping for. Lol

Like with any advice, take what you can and disregard the rest. Trust yourself to know what is needed and what isn't. Some of the best advice triggered me in a big way then made me realize that there is something for me to look at.

Lots of love and you're worth it!

Psyche ♡