Thread: Mind and Ego
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Master
[quote=Iamit]
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
What you are can be associated with many things, but without the mind one cannot make any associations .

Your definition of the mind makes no sense in relation to the spirit forms that exist without a brain .

Such energies continue to experience / think for themselves so how is that possible based upon your understandings?

The brain is of the mind . Just as the tree is of the mind, your car, the beer you can become addicted too .

Not being able to put your hand through a table is based upon cellular structure / resonance / vibrations .

As said, my understanding of mind refers the entire environment for you to experience you .

Beyond the mind there is no awareness of you as an individual .

x daz x[/QUOTE

Sorry that's too confused for me to unpick. I not saying its your confusion, it may be mine. Re-phrase your definition of the purpose and function of mind if you like and I'll try and get that.

Okay, no problem, lets say that in order to dream, there requires a foundation / environment / platform in order for you to be able to experience dreaming .

The mind is the environment for any experience you have whether it be dreamful or not . It's the foundation of existence for without it there would be no self relations .

The mind is likened to the canvas of the artist, the artist needs a medium in order to express his creation . It is likened to a mirror also so that you can perceive yourself and everything else in reflection of that .

If you associate the mind with just brain activity then it falls way too short of explaining how other non physical life forms experience what they do without a brain in reflection of my understanding .

The mind is not capable of doing anything .. just as the mind cannot hold you in the ego's clutches or be addicted to beer ..

What you are of the mind is what is capable or not ..

Any clearer?

x daz x