View Single Post
Old 20-11-2017, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This whole 'empathy' thing, as I understand it, is to be aware of how others feel, because you have been in that same situation and you are aware of how that made you feel at the time...and yet, you cannot be aware of or 'project' your own feelings on others either...just like you don't know what another is thinking...even though you may have a fair idea of what they are thinking...but you'd be wrong.
I think yo are being overly self-indulgent, and that that isn't truly worshiping God as you claim and 'comfort' your self by believing that's what you are doing. For one thing, your mother is (I believe ) an expression of THE Life-Shiva-Shakti-'Force' - albeit a 'problematic' one designed (and agreed to in advance, IMO) to make you 'stretch' your 'self' beyond its past-life 'comfort' zones, which you keep retreating into (and so 'failing' to 'stretch' beyond). Even if that;s not 'accurate' in terms of the real truth, I trust you will someday come to appreciate that that is the 'best' I can think to 'give' you (as well as what I think you most 'need' to 'receive' at this (present!) point in your (hopefully!) developmental (in due course at least) journey..

Quote:
What is the difference between being sympathetic or compassionate and projecting your own emotions upon others?
These often commingle - which 'fact' predominates depends on whether your motivation is selfish or unselfish, or more one than the other, I think.

Quote:
Many people who use 'tough love' or the 'baseball bat' approach have the idea that 'sugar coating' an idea will only lead to the re-enforcement of behaviour through condoning and conditioning it...and yet how does 'tough love' work on a victim of trauma? they will only see it as 'more trauma' won't they? So, a happy medium must present itself, where one is being neither too hard, nor too soft...and before one goes fully 'gung-ho' in bringing out the 'baseball bat', they need to consider the person's past.
I am considering the fact from the past (in this life) which you have shared that you have been 'serviced' by some quite 'sweetly' 'giving' therapists. Hence my conclusion that you are presently a 'spoiled', never satisfed, ever continuing to be self-indulging, 'brat'.

Quote:
For those with a 'hardened heart', the way to harden it further is to apply the 'tough love' approach...ice will not melt a frozen heart, only warmth and heat will...and yet, if only others would apply the warmth, the heart wouldn't have been made stone cold in the first place...if only people could see that, but they cannot.
If you could only see what I see ... and that is that you just want to be given 'special' 'candy-coated' treatment and reject and 'guilt-trip' anything else! I think, you wouldn't be able to recognize a truly 'loving' parent (or 'older' brother?) if one was plopped right in front of your face!

"Ye have forgotten the exhortation [in your case you never 'received' it (before), and are only 'receiving' it now, because I am a truly 'good' lol guy, through 'me' ] which speaketh unto you as unto children, 'My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s, and not sons."