View Single Post
Old 30-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Seeker

I have practiced reiki on a random dog before that came over to sit beside me on a beach. It was kind of just like petting it normally only I was more conscious of my feet grounded in sand and my hands cupped and closed and my intention of energy. The dog seemed to enjoy it for about five minutes and then went away again. I mean to say this because I believe the dog gave me permission and naturally left when it was interested in other things again. Perhaps it is harder for a human to leave or to say but there may be other ways of telling. I actually find animals may be easier to understand and practice reiki on for these reasons as they are not living through intellect and so permission is in fact clearer through action than words in some instances. For example, a person may consent but still not enjoy it or their body will say otherwise. Therefore my advice would be to just care like a normal person and gradually introduce reiki and if there is any resistance then you can stop or go to another area. I don't think cupping your hand over someone's head who is sick is bad for example unless you pick up the feeling that they do not want it. Maybe they will respond less or more or need less time or more time.