View Single Post
Old 15-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Master
Bunny To lay or not to lay an egg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Bees continue their work because they are bees. And if we quit using their honey, they would still continue their real work which is to pollinate plates (and that's the only benefit we should involve ourselves with).
Yes true, but hens will continue to lay eggs even if you never take them. A hen's only an egg's way of making another egg! I think it's the best option to take eggs otherwise the barns will be overflown with too many chickens who would at some point have to be killed or sold. This is an uneasy reality and one that vegans in my opinion just don't get. Taking the eggs is best..

I agree on dogs, though it saddens me that we treat dogs as an industry too in a way. We take the pups from their mother, and even when the dog gets used to the new situation surely this is not ideal..? And you say when a dog loves running, but we have bred certain dog breeds to be runners and carriers and yet you would be against that because we are ''using'' them and it not being natural (if I follow your argument you made before). So where to draw the lines between using and not using. Taking a pup from his/her mother is human insecurity and human need to 'use' an animal for a specific purpose too (the need for friendship, affection, making pictures to put on Facebook etc. so they get enough online attention). I mean, don't put all your eggs in one basket! Debrah I hope you can see that this isn't all that clear..

And by the way, I think we should really quit this conversation about eggs.. let us not be hardboiled eggs! Lets not egg each other on...