View Single Post
Old 21-10-2010, 06:31 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf
In a nutshell, I'm 46, have been engaged, but never married - and earlier this year I finally admitted to myself that I do want to be married. (I'm also in a complicated situation with a lovely man, whom I fell in love with despite my best efforts not to...)
I really don't get this. There are thousands of woman who would be happy to be in that situation. Is being married really more important than a good relationship?
Quote:
For several months, I have been working with the LoA to bring the right man [read: future husband] into my life, and even though I have met some delightful, interesting gentlemen, none of them compare to my current friend.
.. and still you go on looking for someone else. This is not a good way to nurture what you have now.
Quote:

Yesterday, I finally decided to just "give in" and ask specifically for the relationship I have to blossom - providing it is right for both of us. At first, I felt very uncomfortable with my request, as in the past I have only asked for a specific thing if it was clothes, or jewelry, or a trip to a particular location / country, or a home in a certain area, etc. Asking for a specific human being seemed to be interfering with that person's rights.
One could rephrase this, I ask for A, but only if xyz. Are you aware that a 'but' negates everything that was said before, meaning that you don't really ask for A?

We men may be insensitive and sometimes stupid, but even in that state we pick up when something is not quite right. You may well up end with no one at all.

If you are seriously looking for someone else then untangle yourself from your current relationship first. If you don't want to do that then forget about others. To use the LoA while playing 'safe' is deceptive and the LoA will not work under such conditions or will return deception back to you.