View Single Post
Old 22-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy
I would be interested to hear more about the 5:2 if you don't mind :)

Well.......5 days you eat normally.

2 days you fast.

That doesn't mean nothing at all, it means 500 cals (girl/ woman) 600 for a male.

If you find it easier not to eat at all for that day...you can do that as well.

To be honest, when I left my last work , it was the only way for me, as my knees and back would not let me do cardio at that point. I was, frankly, in a bit of state at 14.5 stone. At that work I'd had to eat what I was given......or I could get......and when I looked at the calories I was horrified.

My task since then has been to "dissociate " myself with food.

What fasting does is make you realise you can go a day with out food .......AND YOU WON'T DIE!!!!!!!

That is, of course, assuming normal activities. If you are doing seriously physical work I think you wouldn't want to do it. It that case I doubt you'd ahve weight on anyway.

Anyway, I decided I had to start and try something. Next morning , sure enough, I was 2 Ib down.

I kept doing it and each time another 2 ib lost.......standard 5;2 weight loss each fast.

Well.I'm now 12 stone roughly. So down from 42.5 inches at the waist, now 36.5. Still not ideal but its coming off.

By the way, it is straight forwards...... it is not easy. It is bloody difficult and requires will-power to carry it through.

(If you do it) you will save huge £££££s and wonder 2/3 months down the line wear you were putting all the food you were (buying and) consuming.

btw the normal (or free) days assume normal and healthy diet. if you scoff cakes. biscuits on your free days you will almost certainly put it all back o again. You eat normally with no need to go hungry (fish, fruit, eggs, small amount of bread etc etc).

On a fast your reduced calories should mainlybe some form of protein.

There are 100s of tweaks on the theme but these are the main points.