View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 04:05 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
I used to go to a Spiritualist Church for a while, here in the UK. I didn't come across even one genuine medium there. Even the "president" of the church was a fake. I once witnessed a thing where they tried to contact spirits and asked the spirits to move glasses to give answers. It was obvious they were moving the glasses around themselves.

I'm disappointed to hear about your experience in a Spiritualist church but any church is, of course, only as good as those who attend regularly and the abilities of individuals will vary considerably. I'm unable to comment on your experiences other than to say that's not typical of what you should find, especially the aspect of moving glasses - that's not 'proper' mediumship, something anyone ought to be able to expect in a Spiritualist church unless, of course, your demonstration was being given for different reasons. Perhaps too late now but the right thing to do would have been to discuss your concerns with the president of that church. If you didn't get a satisfactory response then checking with the SNU (if it's a member) would have been possible.

Quote:
I had originally contacted the president because I wanted spiritual advice as I was suffering lifelong extreme bad luck and wanted to know what is going on (this situation is still continuing by the way).

Spiritual advice isn't something that should be given by a medium UNLESS important information was being obtained to be passed on to you from a spirit source identifiable by yourself and whom you would trust. If you had wanted psychic reading and personal counselling it should have been explained in what way they would be provided.

Quote:
I presented her with my life story, which I had typed out, and she was absolutely shocked - she had never come across someone with such extreme bad luck before. She then proceeded to say nothing other than "just think positively"! Great help - not! (by the way I have always been a very positive person). If that's the best she could come up with instead of investigating what's going on - then I have to say she has proven herself to be a fake.

I'm sure she was shocked as you've described and she might not have known what to say but if she presents herself as a medium that's hardly surprising - anyone is likely to have been shocked to hear about chronic misfortune. As for being a fake, exactly what was she being fake about? I acknowledge her response was far from helpful but she is only human after all and if she has no relevant experience she should just have said so.

Quote:
She also did not remember having met me before, despite this only being a few years ago. Another time I presented her with a person that was of an extremely evil nature - which she failed to recognize. Some medium!

Exactly what do you think a medium should be? Perfect memory, perfect ability to do anything and everything? Perhaps your expectations were somewhat unrealistic?

Quote:
Being psychic myself, I was bitterly disappointed with everybody at the Spiritualist Church. The whole organization exists only to make money, and to keep the "president" and some other high up folks in their jobs.

Being psychic doesn't necessarily mean you have a scrap of understanding about mediumship. As for money-making or jobs, well many churches struggle to keep going and as for jobs well they don't pay much in a local church! There are few "high up" jobs and being president ain't one of 'em.

Quote:
Genuine mediums do exist, but they don't go round advertizing themselves or running to Spiritualist Churches. I wouldn't go to such a church again. It was disappointing because I had hoped to find spiritual people there, but all I encountered were a bunch of fakes and weirdos.

I'm disappointed you didn't find the help you wanted but based on what you've said it seems to me your expectations were somewhat unrealistic - that's a shame. Genuine mediums do indeed exist and some have been serving Spiritualist churches for years and making few charges for their time - but that's a different issue. As for the folk you'll find there, well as I wrote earlier it's gonna depend on who goes - the congregation isn't vetted for spirituality. And unless you first define fakery you may not have experienced it hence the folk you met weren't necessarily fakes. Weirdos, maybe, but this world has many weirdos doing weird things and many more are likely to be found outside of Spiritualist churches rather than inside them!