View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Hedonologist

The main issue I have, which is one we've all probably had is "Why am I this spirit". This is often confused with "Why is my spirit in this body". For me, my theory is a reverse engineering of that problem. My conclusion is that is there is only 1 spirit then there need not be the question "Why am I spirit X as opposed to spirit Y?"

I'm sure you understand that from my perspective my spirit is more meaningful than other spirits, not only because there is concrete proof it exists, but because it is more concious than others (relatively).

I know it would be immoral to harm me, because I would suffer, but In essence, if I am not suffering, then there is no suffering. Spirit X(me) and spirit Y(another) both alledgedly exist, but my conciousness is something greater. The way I see it, there is no moral restriction on me harming anyone else because there won't be suffering as a result of it. Unless that body is merely another reincarnation of the same spirit.

Why must there be 1 spirit per person?

I don't mean to seem big headed and egotstical with this post, but having re-read it it does look quite bad hehe.

Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan108
a universe and life with easy access to all the answers would be almost intolerable!

He says that, but he would love easy access to all the answers really ;)