View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Aidan108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme L. H.
I have had the same idea myself, but have dismissed it because it does away with free will. If we are all reincarnations of the same spirit/soul then we live as everyone who has ever lived or will ever live. This means that actions taken by others are taken by us when we come back as that person, we have no choice but to take the action which affected us before.
For example: we live as a victim of a crime which affects us for the rest of our life. Later we are incarnated as the perpetrator of the crime. We have no choice but to do it; it has already happened.
I hope that I understood your idea. If I did I hope that you can see my point. If I didn't then I apologise. Please explain further.

Peace and love

Me and Hedonologist are friends outside of the forum and have debated this opinion many times and what you've described is what I also see as a grey area in the theory.
Whilst I believe in the general principle I see it as more of a reincarnation based upon learning new lessons in one's spiritual journey and so they are 'allocated' a life experience based up their needs/requirements. Whilst that still doesn't quite answer the free will aspect I believe it at least accounts for it in that what we view as our 'lives' are really just metaphors for either large or singular lessons we need to learn on our own individual journey.