View Single Post
Old 30-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Most of the people committing these heinous acts, corruption of power, violence, and horrors in the world aren't experiencing any higher form of consciousness or spiritual advancement so how can they be included in this conversation?
These two subjects don't go together. We were talking in this conversation from the perspective of some level of advanced consciousness.

I don't believe we were speaking about any advance state of being.

You quoted me,
Quote:
" One may have a spiritual experience and become deluded with grandiose beliefs that lead to further attachment and suffering, or in taking one's beliefs as absolute truths one might commit horrendous acts against others in line with their beliefs and the lack of tolerance that results. "

This is simply speaking of the nature of belief and attachment, and the potentially harmful results of having an extreme or absolute view. If you'd like to related it to spirituality, there are entire religious sects that believe spirituality is about getting others to conform to their own extremist beliefs by violent force if necessary.

This conversation has been about the nature of truth, belief, and certainty more than anything else. If you don't wish to discuss the points I raised, that is fine, but they certainly fit within the context of this conversation.