View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Master
Is my dad sabotaging me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
My dad hounds me every chance he gets to do something revolving around his life, that i have no want or intention to do because i would have to drop everything and practically give up my life to meet his satisfaction.
Im trying to occupy myself with my own life and avoid him.
My question is, could he be sabotaging my life (through intent, manifestation, etc) to get what he wants? Do i need to just completly cut him out of my life?

Its sorta like if you and a friend wanted the same thing. Could they ruin your chance using their thoughts or the universe wheather intentional or not just so they can have it rather than you?

Brucely,

You may find it ironic to read this, but consider that your Dad is the answer to this question: What would I have to do to be absolutely clear to myself about my own intentions for my own life?

In other words, what you have described as sabotage from a source outside yourself (i.e. your Dad) may be exactly the resistance you need to strengthen your own intentions to such a point that you can never be deterred from your goals no matter what the obstacles seem to be.

Consider your Dad's influence as the gritty, annoying grain of "sand" that an oyster uses to produce the "pearl" of experience needed to overcome ANY obstacle. Do you see?

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
Dr. Wayne Dyer

Seen this way, maybe you should be thanking your Dad for his "negative" help toward strengthening your resolve (after you've actually achieved it to your satisfaction, right?) (smile)

Hope this, and the reference, below helps you find the "Pearl of Great Price" within: Immutable Self-knowledge.

Make the world your "oyster" !!

Reference: http://www.newthoughtlibrary.com/hol...thersThought56 Fear of Another's Thought
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 05-11-2017 at 11:46 PM.