View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
It doesn't sound cheesy at all, Knight.

But IMO the facts don't support this place of mutual respect and nurturing ever having been a reality historically.

Peace & blessings
7L

I don't mean to come across as aggressive or dismissive, your points have lots of merit but it's a very "modern" look at it.

To me this view does a tremendous disservice to all of our female ancestors.

Women haven't been meek & mild throughout history until all of a sudden things began to change - it's about knowing your limitations.

There is a reason that the Lady Macbeth character resonates so well, women have had to be resourceful & cunning throughout time.

Go and tell Irish or Italian women of a few decades ago that they are "traded" by men.

The idea of mummy's boy & daddy's girl is universal - males saw the maternal benefit of their own up bringing & fathers wished for their girls to be treated like a princess. Obviously class & society has had an effect but essentially it's never been women in chains, whipped & used as sex/breeding machines.

I mean it will have happened but societies don't form under the banner of rape and pillage.

Our female ancestors had (for lack of a better term) lady balls.

Women knew that invaders & marauders meant that life was over so they will have actively encouraged strong sons & relatives.

We have a convoluted view of our own nature - maybe even over blown. From early "man" to modern day we are here because of both the males & the females of history's refusal to lay down & die.

The notion of the "witch hunt" is another under appreciated example of how much power has been accredited to women.

Women of the modern age have began to compare themselves to men - rights, equality etc etc yet if the men truly disrespected those women those things would never be granted.

Why would the dominant give away power?

Simply because despite the chest beating that goes on (it has been necessary to look big & tough) men cannot survive without women, even the Christian Church didn't have the power to stop the female vote.

Behind every great man is an even greater woman - perhaps more than one i.e mother, sister, grandmother all examples to him, in his ear, giving new life to siblings or offspring.

The species would have died out long ago if it were too stupid to recognise that women are equal - it may not say it in so many words from one culture to the next but it has done so within the family structure - it's had to.

The 1950's household with picket fences was NOT the "original" family blueprint - far from it.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain