View Single Post
Old 19-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Master
Deeper body awareness in Yoga.

So who can tell me about this pose.

I didn't think to ask my teacher before I left last night what it was called, so I am asking here if anyone can find it for me.

Mainly because I wish to look at myself in this pose deeper as to what might be moving and not moving in me in the process and attainment in being able to do this pose more freely.

It is the pose where you lay flat on the floor, and rock yourself with hands under your back to elevate and lift your legs and torso off the floor. Then the extended version is where you legs go over your head. So the move is elevation of legs, hands under your back, lift yourself up supported by your hands and arms, hold your legs and back upright where only your head and shoulders are on the floor. Then allow your legs to fall behind your head, where you hold this position.

The yoga teacher was talking us through the pose but I do recal I switched off something in me in "trying to focus" on the pose itself. So I missed the deeper awareness of this process and move.

Name please if anyone can decipher my very poor yogic description..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder