View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I recently went to an information session on hypnosis and they confirmed my thoughts that it's really just guided meditation. I've meditated for so many years so I don't think I need to pay someone to guide me when I can do it myself. If I want to go really deep I implant a suggestion just before I go to bed and sleep on it. If I don't get a rush of intuition about it first thing on waking, I do it again the next night, and the next... It usually takes three nights in a row unless my mind is really fixed on studying the topic just before sleep, in which case I dream the answer or get it first thing the next morning on the first try. Works every time.

I am curious about my past lives and life between lives to get a stronger idea of my life purposes. I've had many psychics read for me and there are always discrepancies. I'd rather figure out how to access my personal history myself. Any tips on this? I know this is a more specialized type of hypnosis training.
That must have been an information session given by a guided meditation teacher who want to rope in people who thought of working with hypnosis.

Hypnosis is not just guided meditation.
Guided meditation is different to meditation.

Guided mean that there is 2nd person involved in the process and systems theory would tell you that this makes a substantial difference.