View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 06:50 AM
Master
Archive for Sanatan Dharma Books

Namaste.

I am very happy today. Whilst searching for Alain Danielou free PDFs, (which I downloaded a few), I went randomly surfing along the crest of a metawave and found this:

https://archive.org/details/sanatand...wnloads&page=4

I wooped with pure joy, because among the titles, I saw many, many books that I had read during the 1970s and 1980's... forgot that I did...and most of it would likely be out of print now... suffice to say, they don't make books like those anymore.

I must have come into Hinduism at the very end of an era, which spanned the years of about 1950 to 1990 and then sorta died with the introduction of the internets..but there is a lot there, in that link that's going to keep me busy for a while, taking a leisurely stroll down memory lane, while I refamiliarise myself with the whole tradition I was sorta inducted into...A tradition that does not change with the passage of time, despite everything and everyone around it changing (oftimes not for the better) - but I am just an old linguist, historian and Shaivite with way too much time on my hands.

I hope there is someone out there who got as much joy out of this as I did... rediscovering the old classics once again.

Aum Namah Shivaya